You may be trying to access this site from a secured browser on the server. Please enable scripts and reload this page.
Deanship of Preparatory Year and Supportive Studies
University Services System
E-learning system Blackboard
طلبات الدعم الفني
Acceptance And Register
Main Editorial Board For the Journals of the North
Basic and Applied Sciences
Vision and Mission
Northen Border University
College of Pharmacy
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology
Department of Pharmacology and toxicology meant to train the theoretical, practical and scientific aspects of drug and their biological effects at cellular and molecular level by using modern aspects of in-vivo and in-vitro experiments. Moreover, subject also covers the harmful and beneficial effects of the drugs to improve patient care and maximize the therapeutic output for the treatment of diseases and disorders. Pharmacology is the mainstay for the development of new drug development procedure. Besides, toxicology is also closely related sciences which mainly concern the undesirable effects of chemicals on living systems, from individual cells to complex ecosystems whose principles are also based upon pharmacology
The department’s vision is to become a pioneer in the field of Pharmacology at the national and international level through the provision of high quality education for students as well as excellence in the field of scientific research, training and community services for the welfare of the mankind.
Mission of the department is to graduate clinical pharmacists in accordance with international standards and able to apply knowledge pharmacy practice to improve patient care with respect to drug monitoring, side effects, contraindications and safe and effective dispensing of the drugs.
1. Training of undergraduate and postgraduates students in the discipline of Pharmacology and Toxicology.
2. Conducting postgraduate research programs to get a higher degree in Clinical Pharmacy/Pharmacology.
3. Providing professional services to the local community, at the National level to the Ministry of health and at the International level to the World Health Organization, other countries and organizations.
4. Promote academic research by the faculty members.
5. Leadership in the development agenda at National and International pharmaceutical programs
6. Encourage innovative research that meet the current and emerging health challenges
7. Enhance the quality of pharmaceutical services
8. Recognize the merit and teamwork in research and practice.