The Department of microbiology is a part of Basic Medical Sciences , which is rich in information theory and practical, as it focuses on most of infectious diseases, bacterial, viral, fungal in addition to parasitic diseases, coverage of topics essential to the immune system and cancer is compelling to students of medicine and applied medical science in order to understand and absorb all the information given through this course, the department also follows the latest in medical education field to ensure the delivery of information is being done with high quality to all listeners with wishes of success to all our students.
The department participates in the development of the educational process at the Faculty of Medicine and Applied Medical Sciences, by being part of the curriculum development and review or assessment methods of education for students in the College of Medicine and Applied Medical Sciences, and the development of healthy educational atmosphere at the Faculty. Career wise, our members organizes lectures and workshops within the faculty in order to raise the level of overall performance among all specialties, they are also involved in many scientific forums at the local level as well as contribute to the activities of the clinical affairs, which is the nucleus of the University Hospital and School of Medicine, also our members provide laboratory service at the university health center.
1. Knowing micro-organisms of clinical importance
2. Understood sample collection and analysis techniques
3. Knowing how to culture and isolate micro-organisms and how to test their sensitivity to antibiotics
4. Knowing methods of diagnosis, prevention for different diseases caused by micro-organisms.
5. Understood medical immunology and the use of serological analysis in diagnosis of diseases
6. The department carries out researches with focus on medical microbiology and immunology which in turn help research environment at NBU.
7. Primary studies on how to eliminate infectious diseases in the northern region
8. Participation and supervise fourth year students graduation projects
9. Organize training programs for teaching assistants with focus on practical work according to their specialization
10. Organize seminars to enlighten schools in the area and other colleges about infectious diseases.
تطوير الدروس العملية:
مجموعات التدريس الصغيرة
Students will be divided into small groups of not more than five, each group assigned to one teaching staff according to their specialty without any interference with the regular college timetable.
وصف مختصر لمقرر الكائنات الدقيقة:
Microbiology teaching curriculum focuses on medical microbiology which involve the general part that focus on classification and applications in addition to immunology.
The general part includes study of morphology, growth, genetics and sterilization. The applied part focuses on properties and features of micro-organisms, mechanism of infection, diseases, microscopic examination, treatment and immunization, it also contain studies of infectious cases, clinical parts while immunology cover the defense mechanism of human body to infectious diseases, normal and abnormal body immune response and all antigen-antibody reactions.
Method of teaching is regular lectures and scientific discussions.
Courses that taught in the Department:
أعضاء هيئة التدريس بالقسم:
Preparation of bacterial culture in microbiology laboratory