To ensure a foolproof quality of programs at the Deanship, capable of achieving continuous development and high acclaim from regional and national bodies and outstanding reputation at international level.
The Unit is dedicated to assure comprehensive quality in all educational and administrative practices at the Deanship, and ensures the optimum use of all available resources and potentials to raise the standard of education, with the participation of all the employees at the Deanship helping students have qualifications commensurate with standards of quality and academic excellence to pursue higher studies.
The General Objectives of the Quality Assurance Unit at the Deanship
The Unit is committed to keep a vigilant eye on quality standards in all the work done at the Deanship of Preparatory Year and Supportive Studies. The Unit also makes efforts to get academic accreditation for the Preparatory Year program from the National Commission for Academic Accreditation and Assessment and other bodies, by following certain action plans to check standards of quality, through participation and involvement of all deanship bodies, academic departments, administrative units, technical workers and employees in various departments of the deanship, installations and equipment, through:
1. Overseeing the preparation of plans and requirements to achieve institutional and programmatic accreditation;
2. Suggesting formation of work-teams for project quality assurance and accreditation;
3. Recommending appropriate assessment committees to obtain institutional and programmatic accreditation;
4. Supervising and following-up on the implementation of quality assurance and accreditation, and coordinating the efforts of the project teams;
5. Approving reports of the results of the application periodically;
6. Adopting self-reports for the final adoption of the institutional programs for the Deanship and submitting them for approval;
7. Associating deans of all sections, units and departments to activate the standards of quality in their performance and completion of their self-evaluation processes, thereby contributing to the achievement of academic accreditation for the Deanship;
8. Spreading a culture of quality across the Deanship through issuance of study materials, brochures, flyers, seminars and conducting lectures and workshops;
9. Supervising the realization of the Deanship's mission and objectives in order to improve performance;
10. Seeking the views of senior students in order to improve the performance of the Deanship in light of the standards of quality and academic accreditation;
11. Seeking the views of social institutions benefiting from the output from the Deanship, keeping pace with the needs of the community and achieving the principles of community-participation in the development of these useful outputs.
12. Supervising the preparation of models and specialized programs that require surveys, and conducting measurement and evaluation and providing database and electronic services;
13. Communication and continuous coordination with the Deanship of Quality and accreditation at the University to ask for advice when needed to inform them on the status of the Deanship.
14. Preparing a semester report on the work of the Unit on the achievements and difficulties / obstacles preventing the achievement of the desired objectives, including proposals to overcome them and improve the work. The report is to be presented to the dean before the end of each semester.
A Message from the Head of Quality Assurance Unit
"In the name of Allah the Merciful" and prayers be upon the master of Prophets and Messengers"
I would like to greet all employees of Northern Border University in general and the teachers, staff members and students of the Deanship of Preparatory Year and Supportive Studies in particular, wishing them all the best.
The Quality Assurance Unit is one of the most contemporary standards in the field of administration, without which it is difficult for any organization or company to maintain its balance and competitiveness in the contemporary business world that became rich of a wide range of quality standards and requirements which assess any company and organization with its peers locally or globally.
Accordingly, the Deanship of Preparatory Year and Supportive Studies at Northern Border University seeks a local and international competition through quality assurance control in the Deanship.
One of the objectives of the Quality Assurance Unit is to ensure the quality of educational and administrative practices at the Deanship of Preparatory Year and Supportive Studies and to move the education process to the best. This purpose can be achieved by developing teachers and administrators, improving the working environment, strengthening the employees' relations and their loyalty to work and reducing work routine procedures in terms of time and cost.
To achieve the objectives of the Quality Assurance Unit, the following principles should be maintained:
In conclusion, I would like to express my sincere thanks to the Dean of Preparatory Year and Supportive Studies Dr. Moqbil bin Salem Al-Enazi, for his unlimited support to benefit and upgrade the Deanship. Moreover, I would like to thank all employees at the Deanship for their sincere efforts and cooperation with the Quality Assurance Unit.
We ask Allah Almighty to help us,
Head of Quality Assurance Unit
Mr. Ashraf Farooq Abu-Baker Mahmoud
Speech of the head of the Unit Video Clip on PY Channel
Quality Assurance Policy
The Deanship works towards preparing the students for their future specialties through the development of their technical and social abilities. Our programs, in line with the Deanship's strategic development vision, are comprised of courses in English language skills, IT, Basic Sciences, and Personality- development. The Deanship always seeks to follow the standards of high quality in the services provided. To achieve the objective, the Deanship is keen on providing programs and services that enrich the students culturally and intellectually, supported by counseling. Furthermore, the Deanship is ardent to improve the performance of the employees through continuous training, appropriate environment, creative ideas, and effective contributions towards building a management team capable of ensuring effective application of the quality management system in accordance with the specifications of ISO 9001:2008. The Deanship is keen on following up on the administrative, technical and academic programs and regulatory reviewing the quality objectives to ensure the continuity of development of the quality management system.
Proposed Action Plan to Obtain Academic Accreditation from "The National Commission for Academic Accreditation and Assessment":
1) Identifying all the details of the acceptance issue through the "National Commission for Academic Accreditation editions" and other publications of the authority, including:
• The Quality and Accreditation manual in Saudi Arabia.
• Quality Assurance and Accreditation depending on the standards of Higher Education Programs.
• Details approval requirements on the accreditation and stages and procedures .
2) Meeting selected faculty members, male/female employees at the Deanship, to discuss the issues on academic accreditation and to assess the current status at the Deanship and compare it with other universities in the Kingdom.
3) Meeting with the Deanship of Quality and Accreditation Officials at the university is an important issue to discuss and inform them about the current situation. This leads to the right steps and the right place, starting operations of quality assurance which ensures continuity to identify the basic elements of the quality assurance plan.
4) The Quality Assurance Unit makes plans and addresses deficiencies in the Preparatory Year program to fulfill approval and accreditation requirements. To begin implementation of the plan, it is presented to the Deanship of Quality and Accreditation to address any gaps, to make sure that it is perfect and foolproof.
5) Communication and continuous coordination with the Deanship of Quality and Accreditation at the University, to ask for advice needed, and to keep them informed through plan implementation stages.
6) If the Deanship satisfies the minimum standards of quality, it presents the achievement plan to the National Assessment and Accreditation Committee for approval to obtain accreditation and complete the implementation of the quality assurance at the same time. If the committee puts any notes, the Quality Assurance Unit makes changes on the basis of these observations to save time and focus on work and efforts to achieve the goal faster and more efficiently.
7) Documentation of all the phases of the project.
8) Follow-up and direct the work in all academic departments and supporting units at the deanship in order to achieve the above goal.
The organizational structure of the Quality Assurance Unit