Sustaining high quality and accuracy in managing the administrative affairs of the members of the Deanship in achieving their objectives.
To control, organize, and supervise the administrative and financial affairs of the members and workers at the Deanship and to work out their duties, vacations and sessions.
Duties and Functions of the Unit
The Unit dedicates itself to working on all tasks related to organizing and supervising the administrative and financial affairs of the members of the Deanship - teaching faculty, office staff and workers. The Unit functions in coordination with the head/supervisor of the concerned academic departments where the teaching faculty/staff works. The duties include:
1. To open a file for each member of the teaching faculty/staff and employees containing all documents and letters related to him/her, from the beginning to the end of his/her service;
2. To prepare a database of all the members and workers of the Deanship to facilitate quick data delivery to them in need, and to update the database continuously;
3. To create a system of supervision and commitment concerning daily work. This is done in coordination with responsible specialists, and in accordance with the nature of work and the administrative position of the responsible specialists;
4. To supervise and work out the work and leave requests of the members of the Deanship;
5. To control the leave credits of the members- all types of leaves, i.e., casual, emergency, and other leaves;
6. To follow up on noncompliance of the members and report it to the Dean;
7. To prepare and follow up statistical data and reports concerning the unit; to facilitate delivery of information/statistical data in accordance with regulations and laws of the university to the units and department at the Deanship; in addition, to establish coordination with the Unit of Statistics at the Deanship;
8. To circulate the list of official holidays, and to apprise the members of the legal requirements they need to obey;
9. To document and follow up the sessions of the members; to suggest sessions for administrative training and qualifying tests in line with the administrative needs;
10. To prepare documents for description and medical investigation for the members of the Deanship;
11. To follow up the administrative and financial affairs of the teaching faculty and staff, such as, salaries, compensations and other affairs concerning other administrative bodies at the University, e.g., Deanship of Teaching Staff and Teaching Assistants, and Administration of Administrative and Financial Affairs. The Unit also works on such documents where a contract is terminated without face to face communication.
12. Preparing a semester-end statistical report on the work of the Unit on its achievements and difficulties/obstacles preventing the unit from achieving expected goals, including suggestions to overcome those difficulties/obstacles. The report is to be dispatched to the Dean before the end of every semester.