1.Originality, innovation, and soundness of both research methodology and orientation.
2. Sticking to the established research approaches, tools and methodologies in the respective discipline.
3. Accurate documentation.
4. Language accuracy.
5.The contribution must be unpublished or submitted for publication elsewhere.
6.The research extracted from a thesis/dissertation must be unpublished or not submitted for publication, and the researcher must indicate that the research submitted for publication in the journal is extracted from a thesis/dissertation.
1. Submissions must not exceed 45 pages of plain paper (A4).
2. Submissions must have a title and a summary in both Arabic and English in one page; each summary should not be more than 200 words. The research should include, in both languages, keywords that indicate the field of specialization. The keywords are written below each summary and should not be more than six.
3. The author(s) name(s) and affiliation(s) must be written immediately below the title of the article, in Arabic and English.
4. Arabic submissions are typed in Simplified Arabic, in 14-font size for the main text, and 12-font size for notes.
5. English submissions are be typed in Times New Roman, in 12- font size for the main text, and 9-font size for notes.
6. Submissions are to be typed on only one side of the sheet, and line spacing should be1.5 cm. Margins should be 4 cm (or 1.57 inches) on all four sides of the page.
7. The research must have the following organization:
should indicate the topic and aims of the research paper, and be consistent with its ideas, information and the established facts. The research problems(s) and importance of the literature review should be also introduced. Body: includes all necessary and basic details of research approach, tools and methods. All stated information should be arranged according to priority.Findings and Discussion:should be clear and brief, and the significance of these findings should be elucidated without repetition.Conclusion:must include a brief summary of the research topic, findings, recommendations and suggestions.
should indicate the topic and aims of the research paper, and be consistent with its ideas, information and the established facts. The research problems(s) and importance of the literature review should be also introduced.
includes all necessary and basic details of research approach, tools and methods. All stated information should be arranged according to priority.
should be clear and brief, and the significance of these findings should be elucidated without repetition.
must include a brief summary of the research topic, findings, recommendations and suggestions.
8. Figures, diagrams and illustrations should be included in the main text, and consecutively numbered and given titles, and explanatory notes beneath them.
9. Tables should be also included in the main text, and consecutively numbered, and given titles, and explanatory notes beneath them.
10. Footnotes should be added at the bottom of each page, when necessary only. They are to be indicated by a number or an asterisk, in 12-font size for Arabic and 9-font size for English.
11. Samples of scanned manuscripts must be included in the proper place of the submission.
12. The Journal of the North does not publish research and measurement tools (instruments). However, they must be included in the submissions for review by reviewers.
13. Documentation must follow the APA style in which both the author's name and year of publishing are mentioned in the main text, i.e. (name, year). Numbering the references inside the main text and adding footnotes is not allowed.
14. Hadith documentation must follow the following example: (Sahih Al-Bukhari, vol.1, p.5, hadith number 511).
15. The bibliography, list of all the sources used in the process of researching, must be added in alphabetical order using the author's last name according to the APA style, in 12-font size for Arabic and 9-font size for English.
The bibliography should be arranged as follows:
Al Juwayr, Ibrahim Mubarak. (2009). Family and Society: Studies in the Sociology of Family. (1st ed.). Riyadh: Dar Alam Al-Kutub.
Awda, Ahmad. (2011). Criteria of Quality Assurance Derived from School Assessment Results: An Introduction to Stimulating Quality and Accreditation Implementation. The Jordanian Journal of Educational Science, 7 (2), 163-193.
-M.A. or Ph.D. Thesis
AlQadi, Iman Abdullah. (1429 AH). Natural Plants in a Coastal Environment Between Rassi Tanoura and Elmalouh in the Eastern Region: A Study in Botanical Geography and the Protection of Environment (Unpublished Ph.D. Dissertation, College of Arts for Girls, King Faisal University, Dammam).
- Citation from Internet References
Citing an online book
Almazroui, M. R, and Madani, M. F. (2010). Evaluation of Performance in Higher Education Institutions. The Digital Object Identifier (doi:10.xxxx/xxxx-xxxxxxxx-x), or the Hypertext Transfer Protocol (http://www...), or the International Standard Book Number (ISBN: 000-0-00-000000-0) must be mentioned.
- Citation from an article in a periodical
AlMadani, M. F. (2014). The Concept of Debate in Reaching a Compromise. The British Journal of Educational Technology, 11 (6), 225-260 . Digital Object Identifier (doi:10.xxxx/xxxx-xxxxxxxx-x), or the Hypertext Transfer Protocol (http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/10.1111), or the International Standard Serial Number of the journal (ISSN: 1467-8535) must be mentioned.
16) It is the researcher's responsibility to translate into English the Arabic bibliography. Example:
الجبر، سليمان. (1991م). تقويم طرق تدريس الجغرافيا ومدى اختلافها باختلاف خبرات المدرسين وجنسياتهم وتخصصاتهم في المرحلة المتوسطة بالمملكة العربية السعودية. مجلة جامعة الملك سعود- العلوم التربوية، 3(1)، 143-170.
Al-Gabr, S. (1991). The Evaluation of Geography Instruction and the Variety of its Teaching Concerning the Experience, Nationality, and the Field of Study in Intermediate Schools in Saudi Arabia (in Arabic). Journal of King Saud University- Educational Sciences, 3 (1), 143-170.
17) Numerals should be written in the original Arabic numbers (0,1, 2, 3) in the manuscript.
18) All accepted manuscripts devolve their property to the Journal of the North for Humanities and even during review processes.
Researchers are required to submit the following:
1) An electronic copy of their submissions in two formats: Microsoft Word Document and Pdf, to be sent to both the following emails: firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com
2) The researcher's CV, including his/her full name in Arabic and English, current work address, and academic rank.
3) The researcher must fill out and submit the application for publishing in the Journal of the North, and the Pledge Statement that his/her submission has not been published before or is not submitted for publishing elsewhere.
1) The submissions received by the Journal will not be returned whether published or not.
2) The published manuscripts reflect only the authors views and not necessarily reflect those for JNH.
3) All accepted manuscripts devolve their property to JNH and must not be published elsewhere without a written permission by the JNH's Editor in Chief.
4) Authors of rejected manuscripts are informed of the decision without explaining the reasons thereof.
To Download the Application Form and the Pledge